Wednesday

Guess WHAT???

THE BRAIDS ARE OUT WOOOHOOOO!!!!! I will miss them BUT I am 100% natural. I am embracing the new me and owning my new look. I must say this is a HUGE change for me and it will definitely take a while to get use to. For the past two weeks, Ive been contemplating on whether or not I should take my braids out. I was sooo nervous because I didn't want to regret the decision. But as everyday past, I wanted to take it out. I kept seeing picture of natural girls with their TWA or curly fro and I was ready to show mine off. Yesterday, I woke up and just decided to just go for it. The day would of came anyway to take my braids out, so i just did it.

I have been taking care of my hair while in braids. So as I took them out, my hair was soft and easy to manage. I need to find a really good shampoo to wash my hair. I will list the products I use to wash, conditioner and moisturized my hair with.

I used Cantu Shea Butter Shampoo. It has a pH of 6.0, which I find most shampoo's have. I only washed my hair once with it and then rinsed it out with cold water. I conditioner my hair with Suave Natural Coconut Conditioner which has a pH of 6.0. I then added Aloe Vera Juice, which brought it to a pH of 5.0. I detangled my hair with a detangling comb from Sally's for about $2. I did deep conditioner my hair with a recipe I found for Naptural85 YT site. It was a mixture of mayo, apple cider vinegar, honey, eggs, and olive oil. It made my hair really hard and unmanageable, so I just co-washed my hair with my Suave conditioner mix. I then spritzed my hair with a mixture of glycerin, water, and peppermint essential oil which has a pH of 7. Then added a Tui Leave in Conditioner by Carol's Daughter, which has a pH of 4.0.

I styled my hair with EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel. It has a very high ph of 6.5, so I added Aloe Vera Juice, which brought it down to 5.0. I like the style but it made my hair really shrink, but still cute. I did trim my ends the best I could because there was still some pieces of relaxer still left over. Plus, I do need to get a good cut to shape my TWA a little better


Next day, I spritz my hair with my glycerin mix, and Tui Leave in Conditioner, some coconut oil and my shea butter mixture. And just pretty much fluffed my hair out and put a headband to make a small puff.

I am so excited to see the progress of my journey and photo video coming soon of my progression. Thanks for the support loves....muah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...